Photo Album Note

Associate Artist with Backlit Gallery Nottingham UK - Go to Google+ Nick Gear button to view the Photo Albums

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Latest map using found materials...

Continuing to develop my map theme this is the next in the series looking at using found materials from my Coxmoor Woods walks.


The materials include aluminium, earth, two sorts of wood, and charcoal all collected whilst walking, then made into particles that can be applied to the paper surface.


Using the objects from my walks is important  to me in establishing a direct physical link in the work that I do; giving a sense of authenticity in the drawing process.


I have also just been to the Hamish Fulton Exhibition at the Ikon Gallery in Birmingham which is on until the 22nd of April which I would recommend a visit to. 
See www.ikon-gallery.co.uk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment