Photo Album Note

Associate Artist with Backlit Gallery Nottingham UK - Go to Google+ Nick Gear button to view the Photo Albums

Tuesday 12 June 2012


Another busy term at University has just finished and this picture shows one panel of work that I had up for my presentation day.
During my walks I have collected oak galls and have made some ink using a recipe that would have been used prior to ink being commercially produced. I have then completed map and sketch work; the three sketches at the top of the shot are completed with this ink. It has been exciting to find a way of making marks directly from material collected from the woods, linking the gestures of drawing to my walking practice.
The middle of the picture shows my collection of 'evidence' bags which contain objects, photos, annotations collected on one walk in Coxmoor woods on the 20th May 2012, exploring the value of the items thrown away and the way in which we treat our natural environment.


Coming up in September I'm organising along with Sue Lea (from my Uni Year Group) an exhibition at the John Lewis Store Nottingham called 'Walk With Me'. Watch this space for further information. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I randomly managed to come across your blog whilst on google. Your work really intrigues me because it is basically what I do but we just have a different outcome!
    I see you are at university in Nottingham? What year are you? I graduated last year.

    Here are my blogs if you want to have a look?
    rachel-wing.tumblr.com
    diaryofawalker.tumblr.com

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete